Monday, June 9, 2014

Life is full of adventure
    
                       Introduction



 When I first started to write these stories, I hoped to leave something for my kids and grandkids that would give them more insight about me. I never really got to know my father well. We shared a couple of camping and fishing outages but never really bonded. 
     Now as age and physical degeneration had begun to take its toll, I felt a need to revise some stories and to complete others that I haven't told. A single event witnessed by several people will be recalled slightly differently by each observer. Fred Klatt stated to me after reading the story of our fistfight,” I remember that although I remember it somewhat differently." Another classmate remembered Animas school as having four grade levels not three as I had stated. Perhaps because we moved across town in the middle of my third grade, I thought there were only three grade levels at that school.

     Visiting my blog and trying to find all my stories was frustrating. Several people found only 10 or 12 of them. I counted 21. So now I set out to revise both my blog and some of my stories.

     I have labeled my stories as memories. Each memory has a title. They generally go from early childhood onward. Some of these memories are intertwined with others, so I have combined them as one.

    I fell in love four times in my life, I think.  Each of these young ladies I still love. And like rungs on a ladder, I couldn't step up to the final rung without stepping on all.  Each of these ladies were important to me for they taught lessons in relationships that would help me find the lady of my life and my life long companion. I'm still learning lessons today as my lady and I climb the last of the ladder together.

     I have added a few stories to this blog about classmates, people or an event that became special to me.  I will add others as I continue to reflect.  I was surprised at the fact that they didn’t become special until later in my life.

     Perhaps as we head down life’s path and begin to slow down a notch, we will take time to reflect what life has given us.  Give your friends a hug and tell them you love them.  Life is too short to miss those opportunities. 



     Dog Story is an extra.   i hope you like it



No comments: